Contact usBookmark this pagePrint pageResize downResize up

Become a surveyor in NSW

In New South Wales (NSW) to become a registered surveyor you will firstly need to have gained a recognised qualification or equivalent and a Certificate of Competency.

The current list of recognised qualifications can be found on the recognised qualifications page.

If you have gained a qualification that is not on this list it will need to be assessed as an equivalent to a recognised qualification.

After obtaining your degree you will undertake prescribed training and work experience under the supervision of a registered surveyor and the undertaking of prescribed examinations conducted by the Board.

On successful completion of the examinations, a candidate is then accredited by BOSSI as being proficient in the practice of surveying, and is entitled to become registered as a land or mining surveyor, under the register held by the Surveyor General.

Further information on qualifications gained outside of Australia and New Zealand can be found on the overseas assessment.

back to top